- over medium-high heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Pour 1 cup
- of reserved marinade with all of the onions and seasonings over
- roast (cover and refrigerate remaining marinade). Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Strain cooking juices, discarding onions and seasonings. Add enough
- reserved marinade to the cooking juices to measure 3 cups. Pour into
- a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add gingersnaps; reduce heat and
- simmer until gravy is thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.