- Place loaves on pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45
- With a sharp knife, make several slashes across the top of each loaf.
- Brush with egg. Sprinkle each loaf with 1 teaspoon caraway seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes, rotating pans after 15 minutes,
- or until browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves (8 slices
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.