German Potatoes Recipe
Quick recipe are always helpful and this recipe that I also like to make for breakfast makes serving a quality meal in the morning easy.—Janice Scherman, Sentinel Butte, North Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1. In a skillet, fry bacon. Drain all but 3 tablespoons drippings; add green pepper, onion and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and stir. break eggs over potato mixture, one at a time. Cook over low heat until eggs are set and cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC