Quick recipe are always helpful and this recipe that I also like to make for breakfast makes serving a quality meal in the morning easy.—Janice Scherman, Sentinel Butte, North Dakota
Featured In: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
- 6 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- In a skillet, fry bacon. Drain all but 3 tablespoons drippings; add green pepper, onion and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and stir. break eggs over potato mixture, one at a time. Cook over low heat until eggs are set and cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as German Potatoes in Country Woman September/October 1990, p35
Reviews for German Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review