German Potato Salad Recipe
- 5 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Add water and vinegar; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved. Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes. Heat through, stirring lightly to coat potatoes. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for German Potato Salad
Sort By :
It is super easy to make and tastes so good!
Supper easy. Quite tasty.
I clipped this recipe from an old TOH years ago, but never tried it. I don't know why I waited so long to experiment with this, but it's totally delicious!! The apple cider vinegar and bacon pair very well together; plus the sugar adds sweetness to the tang. I'm very pleased :)
As is recipe's a bit too sweet for my taste, but I cut sugar in half, added some chopped celery and a couple more slices of bacon and it was great!
This a fabulous recipe. Even my young grandchildren love it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Potato Salad >
- German Potato Salad Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >