- 12 to 14 red potatoes (about 4 pounds), cooked and peeled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice potatoes into a large bowl. Add eggs; set aside. In a small skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Add bacon and onion to potato mixture. Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for German Potato Salad with Eggs
"I thought it was very easy and very tasty. I nice change from the traditional southern potato salad. I added more eggs though and sautéed green onions and a little yellow bell pepper thinly sliced to add a little more color. Very good."
"Home run with the family! Traditionally they have not been fans of German potato salads, but everyone LOVED this recipe!I tweaked it to include one pound of fry pan cooked bacon. I also used sugar in the raw instead of the processed white sugar."
"I lost my mothers German Potato salad recipe,& have been seaching for 1 like it. This is it ! My husband loved it & he is German."