German Potato Omelet Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 3 tablespoons butter for 15 minutes or until browned and tender. Sprinkle with onions; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 459 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 473 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for German Potato Omelet
"MMmm, this recipe was so good. Very easy to make and very quick. Instead of making an omelet I made a scramble. I will definatly make this again."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.