German Potato Omelet Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 3 tablespoons butter for 15 minutes or until browned and tender. Sprinkle with onions; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 459 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 473mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for German Potato Omelet
"MMmm, this recipe was so good. Very easy to make and very quick. Instead of making an omelet I made a scramble. I will definatly make this again."