- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 3 tablespoons butter for 15 minutes or until browned and tender. Sprinkle with onions; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Omelet in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for German Potato Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
MMmm, this recipe was so good. Very easy to make and very quick. Instead of making an omelet I made a scramble. I will definatly make this again.