- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in 3 tablespoons butter for 15 minutes or until browned and tender. Sprinkle with onions; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Potato Omelet in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for German Potato Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
"MMmm, this recipe was so good. Very easy to make and very quick. Instead of making an omelet I made a scramble. I will definatly make this again."