- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium yellow tomato, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, mustard and seasonings. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes, onions and tomato to the pan; bake 40-70 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for German Pork Roast
"Camie, I almost got homesick. I have not made this recipe in a long time, but will make it this weekend. You got my Grandmothers Recipe down to one missing ingredient. A couple of Bayleaves. Now to authenticate this German meal even more, you have to have sweet/sour Red Cabbage with it. Guten Appetit (good appetite)"
"This roast is delicious. Moist and juicy with lots of flavor it was a big hit with my husband and two young boys."