German Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the sauerkraut, applesauce, onion, garlic, brown sugar, caraway seeds and cinnamon. Spoon over chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauerkraut mixture equals 451 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for German Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer