German Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the sauerkraut, applesauce, onion, garlic, brown sugar, caraway seeds and cinnamon. Spoon over chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauerkraut mixture equals 451 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for German Pork Chops
"It's apparent that there are some liars in the reviews below. Not only was this recipe GROSS, it made my kid sick! Now, all I hear is my kid complain about their stomach hurting. Personally, I didn't like them either. They tasted like how cat food smells. And for "AmishCookingGuy69" to belittle "17sebenedict" for being in high school is very pathetic and immature. You don't need to be "experienced" to rate how something tastes!"
"I found the recipe, discusting also.Apple and cinnamon are great, not on pork chops, with sauerkraut and garlic??? This is sh*t in a pan!If you're running out of things to put in a pan..... Sh*t in it, it will taste better.Waste of time and sow."
"Completely ignore 17sebenedict review of this recipe. I'm obviously not going to take any cooking advice/critique from an inexperienced high school kid. I just made these pork chops for tonight's dinner. They were delicious, well flavoured, and no-fuss. I added a Tbsp of ground mustard and increased the onion to a whole large one. That really made these chops outstanding! One note, always use sauerkraut from a glass jar or plastic bag. Never from a can. It affects their flavor. Try these German Pork Chops. There GREAT!!"
"I found this recipe to be overpoweringly sweet and disgusting. I'll never eat it again."
"Easy and delicious!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer