- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds plums, quartered (about 4 cups)
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture forms a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- Arrange plums, skin side up with edges overlapping, in crust; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as German Plum Tart in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p41
Reviews for German Plum Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
"This was very easy to make and delicious!"