- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds plums, quartered (about 4 cups)
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture forms a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 10-in. pie plate.
- Arrange plums, skin side up with edges overlapping, in crust; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as German Plum Tart in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p41
Reviews for German Plum Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
This was very easy to make and delicious!