German Plum Tart Recipe
The buttery crust of this fruit-filled treat melts in your mouth. You can substitute sliced apples or peaches for the plums with great results. I've used this crust with blueberries, too. -Helga Schlape, Florham Park, New Jersey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds plums, quartered (about 4 cups)
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until mixture forms a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Arrange plums, skin side up with edges overlapping, in crust; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 237 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for German Plum Tart
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2011
"This was very easy to make and delicious!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC