Hash browns make a delectable "crust" in this breakfast-style pizza.Marsha Benda, Round Rock, Texas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over low heat, melt butter. Add potatoes,
- salt and pepper; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring
- Pour eggs over the potatoes; sprinkle with ham. Cover and cook for
- 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese; cook,
- uncovered, until melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 220 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer