German Pecan Thins Recipe
At Christmastime, it's fun to dig out those special holiday recipes your family loves. My kids would really miss these drizzled, candy-topped cookies if they weren't part of my treat selection.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:72 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and cornflakes.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. (Dough will spread during baking and cookies will be thin.) Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine water and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Drizzle over cookies; top with M&M's. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 123 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC