German Pancake Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- BUTTERMILK SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour the butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add the batter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the first five syrup ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Dust pancake with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately with the syrup. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 cups syrup).
Reviews for German Pancake
Sort By :
"The pancake it very good, but it is the syrup recipe I keep going back to. This is the only syrup I make for any pancake and best of all for my stuffed French toast casserole!!"
"This is a very easy recipe for German Pancake batter. I used the batter to make individual cups - you may have seen a recipe floating around Pinterest that says to use regular pancake batter, but you need to use this recipe for the batter to get cups instead of muffins. I then filled each cup with fresh peach pie filling. I made the batter as above, then filled 2 - 12 cup muffin pans greased with the melted butter - no paper liners. I poured the batter into each cup to a little less than half full. The less you fill them, the more they will curl up like a bowl. I baked them in a 425 degree oven for 8 minutes - check at 4. You want them dry but not browned. Let cool in the tin for a few minutes then remove and fill."
"Very good, I add about 1T sugar to give it a little extra flavor and use regular syrup instead of the buttermilk syrup"
"My Family loves this recipe for breakfast. Easy...nothing like putting everything in the blender and pour! Not crazy about the buttermilk syrup, I think it's just a "born in Wisconsin" thing that only real maple syrup tastes the best. Add pumpkin pie spice to kick it up a bit."
"Awesome recipie I would recommend making this!"