German Oktoberfest Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1. Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over crust. Layer with sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 pieces.
1 piece: 569 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1749mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for German Oktoberfest Pizza
"My husband and I really enjoyed this! I never rinse sauerkraut, it gets rid of all the flavor! I only drain it. Next time I will add a bit more sauerkraut (personal preference), and I will cut up the kielbasa into smaller pieces. I'll definitely do this one again."
"My family loved this. Even my picky kids. I would add a bit extra sauerkraut and double the amount of potatoes next time. Definitely worth making again."
"Really good!........I think next time I will double the sauerkraut for added flavor. Also, I used garlic-flavored instant potatoes....The best part was watching my husband's face when I served it! :-)))"
"I will mix the cheese with the mashed potatoes next time to give them more flavor."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.