German Oktoberfest Pizza Recipe
There’s a little bit of Deutschland in every slice of this quick, creative pizza. If you like sausage and ‘kraut, you’ll love this dish! -Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1. Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over crust. Layer with sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 pieces.
1 piece equals 569 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,749 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC