There’s a little bit of Deutschland in every slice of this quick, creative pizza. If you like sausage and ‘kraut, you’ll love this dish! -Angela Spengler, Clovis, New Mexico
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over crust. Layer with sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 pieces.
Originally published as German Oktoberfest Pizza in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p63
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for German Oktoberfest Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review