- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Unroll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over crust. Layer with sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 pieces.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for German Oktoberfest Pizza
Sort By :
Really good!........I think next time I will double the sauerkraut for added flavor. Also, I used garlic-flavored instant potatoes....The best part was watching my husband's face when I served it! :-)))
I will mix the cheese with the mashed potatoes next time to give them more flavor.
This was really great! I'm a vegetarian, so used vegetarian hotdogs. Next time I may try Morning Stars breakfast sausage links. Definately will make again.