German Meatballs with Gingersnap Gravy Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed gingersnaps (about 10 cookies)
- Cooked noodles
- 1. Combine the egg, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup water, onion, salt and pepper; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, bring remaining water to a boil. Add bouillon, brown sugar, raisins, lemon juice and gingersnaps. Stir until thoroughly combined. Add meatballs to skillet. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir occasionally. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 387 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for German Meatballs with Gingersnap Gravy
"Excellent!!! Wonderful different tasting gravy!"