German Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water, optional
- Additional snipped parsley
- In a bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; shape into 18 meatballs, 2 in. each. Heat the oil in a skillet; brown the meatballs. Remove meatballs and drain fat. Spoon sauerkraut into skillet; top with meatballs. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Add water if necessary. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for German Meatballs
Sort By :
"I added the sauerkraut in the meat mixture before cooking and my husband and I loved every bit. I will be making this recipe again. I also couldn't find plain ground pork and I used Italian sausage so yummy."
"This may be my husbands favorite dish. This is easy and oh so good! We don't drain the fat for extra flavor, but otherwise don't change a thing."