- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the sugar, flour, salt and mustard; add water and vinegar until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Rinse and drain noodles; add to skillet. Stir in celery and parsley; heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for German Hot Noodle Salad
Sort By :
"Flavor galore and easy to prepare! This would be a perfect offering in October when Oktoberfest is going on--or ANYtime, for that matter!"
"Delicious! This recipe is so quick and easy, a real family favorite."
"Very much enjoyed this. I grilled up bratwurst to serve with it and ended up adding it to the salad - it was great!!"
"I have made this recipe several times with positive comments. For a change, I use small salad potatoes that have been cooked, peeled, cooled, and sliced in place of the noodles. It tastes like authentic German potato salad."