German Farmer's Breakfast
This casserole can be quickly prepared for a holiday breakfast or weekend brunch.Mary Lou Welsh, Hinsdale, Illinois
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to
- paper towel. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings; add potatoes, green
- pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat for
- 6-8 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Stir in cheese
- and bacon; remove mixture to a bowl and set aside. Beat eggs and
- milk; pour into the same skillet. Cook and stir gently over medium
- heat until eggs are completely set, about 3-5 minutes. Add the
- potato mixture; cook and stir gently until heated through. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 390 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.