German Cukes and Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk, optional
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, onions and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper. Stir in milk if a thinner dressing is desired. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Divide among eight salad plates; top with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 37 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for German Cukes and Tomatoes
"Very good refreshing salad with garden tomatoes. I left out the 1 T milk as I did not think it needed to be thinned."
"I left out the dill and used 3 plum tomatoes. Oh so yummy! A nice fresh change of pace. Great with fat-free sour cream.~ Theresa"