German Cukes and Tomatoes
This side really sparks up a meal and goes fairly well with everything from grilled steak to tuna salad. I like to serve it in individual, lettuce-lined glass bowls with a sour cream star piped on top and a sprinkling of dill.—Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk, optional
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, onions and parsley. In a
- small bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, vinegar, salt, mustard and
- pepper. Stir in milk if a thinner dressing is desired. Pour over
- cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Divide among eight salad plates;
- top with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 37 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.