- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk, optional
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, onions and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper. Stir in milk if a thinner dressing is desired. Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Divide among eight salad plates; top with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as German Cukes and Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p19
Reviews for German Cukes and Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2014
"Very good refreshing salad with garden tomatoes. I left out the 1 T milk as I did not think it needed to be thinned."
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2010
"I left out the dill and used 3 plum tomatoes. Oh so yummy! A nice fresh change of pace. Great with fat-free sour cream.~ Theresa"