German Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for German Cucumber Salad
"This is a delicious salad especially with summer produce. I used multi-color cherry tomatoes, Kirby cukes, and thick green onions. I used more Dijon mustard and skipped the milk as I thought the vinegar thinned out the sour cream just fine. Next time I will use some herb vinegar, and there will certainly be a next time!!!!"
"I was looking for some marinated or pickled german salads like I remember while visiting Germany. Also, many German restaurants have amazing salads. But this one was disappointing. It lacked flavor. Very plain."