German Cucumber Salad
This recipe came from a friend who ran his own inn in Germany. It's a very cool, light salad with an exhilarating taste that's delicious anytime of the year - especially when made with fresh-from-the-garden cucumbers and tomatoes.
-Julie Koren, Kennesaw, Georgia
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Combine
- dressing ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 50 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.