This recipe came from a friend who ran his own inn in Germany. It's a very cool, light salad with an exhilarating taste that's delicious anytime of the year - especially when made with fresh-from-the-garden cucumbers and tomatoes. -Julie Koren, Kennesaw, Georgia
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as German Cucumber Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p27
Reviews for German Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"I was looking for some marinated or pickled german salads like I remember while visiting Germany. Also, many German restaurants have amazing salads. But this one was disappointing. It lacked flavor. Very plain."