German Chocolate with Pretzel Crust Bars Recipe
Sweet, salty, chewy and sensational, these moist bars are pretty, very rich and finger-lickin’ good. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pretzels, egg and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and corn syrup until blended. Fold in coconut, chips and pecans; pour over crust. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until edges are brown and center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 bar equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC