Sweet, salty, chewy and sensational, these moist bars are pretty, very rich and finger-lickin’ good. —Margaret Wilson, Sun City, California
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pretzels, egg and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and corn syrup until blended. Fold in coconut, chips and pecans; pour over crust. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until edges are brown and center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as German Chocolate Bars in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p15
Reviews for German Chocolate with Pretzel Crust Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review