German Chocolate Toffee Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
2 each: 161 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
"EXCELLENT RECIPE...ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE LARGE VOLUME OF INGREDIENTS. ALMOST 15 CUPS OF INGREDIENTS"
"Nice & moist. Would make these again"
"These German Chocolate Toffee Cookies are quite delicious. The recipe is a large one, yielding 13 dozen (78) cookies per batch."
"I do a Christmas open house and I am sure these will be a hit. they are very good. Will do again."