- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
Reviews for German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
"EXCELLENT RECIPE...ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE LARGE VOLUME OF INGREDIENTS. ALMOST 15 CUPS OF INGREDIENTS"
"Nice & moist. Would make these again"
"These German chocolate Toffee Cookies are quite delicious. The recipe is a large one, yielding 13 dozen (78) cookies per batch."
"I do a Christmas open house and I am sure these will be a hit. they are very good. Will do again."