German Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
“My mom made this recipe all the time for family gatherings,” recalls Jennifer Cannon in Round Rock, Texas.
“I was never a cheesecake fan until I tried this one—now I make it for any special occasion or excuse!”
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg;
- beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Transfer 1/3
- cup to another bowl; stir in melted chocolate until well blended.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into a 7-in. pie plate coated
- with cooking spray. Top with chocolate mixture; cut through batter
- with a knife to swirl. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around
- edge of pan to loosen. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 274 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium,