German Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
“My mom made this recipe all the time for family gatherings,” recalls Jennifer Cannon in Round Rock, Texas. “I was never a cheesecake fan until I tried this one—now I make it for any special occasion or excuse!”
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Transfer 1/3 cup to another bowl; stir in melted chocolate until well blended.
- 2. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with chocolate mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 274 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for German Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC