German Chocolate Sundaes Recipe
"This terrific topping is a real treat over chocolate ice cream," writes field editor DeEtta Rasmussen of Fort Madison, Iowa. "It's fun and fancy at the same time and much cooler to make on hot days than a German chocolate cake."
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate syrup, toasted coconut and additional chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the coconut, pecans and vanilla. Stir until sauce is cooled slightly. Serve over ice cream. Top with chocolate syrup, coconut and pecans if desired. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 180 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for German Chocolate Sundaes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC