German Chocolate Pie Recipe
I'm known among family and friends for my desserts. This one is their very favorite. It's been a sweet standby of mine for some 20 years now.
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir in chocolate mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Combine pecans and coconut; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- 4. Cool for 4 hours. Chill until serving (filling will become firm as it cools). Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 565 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for German Chocolate Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC