- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir in chocolate mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- Combine pecans and coconut; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until puffed and browned.
- Cool for 4 hours. Chill until serving (filling will become firm as it cools). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for German Chocolate Pie(5)
Sort By :
I've been looking for a recipe like this for a long time, finally found THE ONE! So very yummy, and actually very easy to make. Do use a deep dish pie plate and you won't have any messes!
Our son-in-law loves pie, so I try to make one for him often. This recipe has been in my file for years but never made it until yesterday. He an our daughter said it was really,really good and she asked for the recipe.
Loved this. I'm a big coconut & chocolate fan so this hit the spot. Can't wait to introduce the rest of my family to it. Definitely a keeper!
I love this recipe, my family just had a fit over it! I also took it to work and my co- workers are driving me crazy over the recipe!!
Use small eggs otherwise you will have an overflow mess in your stove!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >