German Chocolate Pecan Truffles
My sister-in-law, Jennifer, loves German chocolate. With her in mind, I experimented in the kitchen and came up with nutty truffles. They make a fun gift packed in a festive box or tin.
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup flaked toasted coconut, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and
- corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand for 5
- minutes (do not stir). Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in
- 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup pecans, extract and salt. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut
- and pecans. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Truffles can be made up to one week before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.