German Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add milk and eggs; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches 160°, about 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Remove ice cream from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 gallon.
1/2 cup: 162 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for German Chocolate Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.