German Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the pecans, coconut and brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 156 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for German Chocolate Cupcakes
"I fell in love with these cupcakes from the moment I tasted them! Coconut on top is a perfect garnish for good contrast!"
"I agree - I doubled the topping ingredients and baked at 375 instead of 400. They turned out perfectly!"
"This is a wonderful cupcake. My family does not like frostings, so this is perfect for them! The crunchy topping is delicious. I did double the topping ingredients and was so glad I did! This will be a new favorite!"
"This cupcake is so easy to make and tastes just like a big piece of German Chocolate Cake."
"would double topping, lower temp, my first batch got a little burnt, but second batch were a big hit!!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. The only change I made was to increase the pecans, coconut, and brown sugar to 1/4 cup, so there would be plenty of topping for each cupcake. Delicious!"