German Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
These cupcakes disappear in a dash when I take them to the school where I teach. Pecans, coconut and brown sugar dress up the topping nicely. —Lettice Charmasson, San Diego, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the pecans, coconut and brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC