These cupcakes disappear in a dash when I take them to the school where I teach. Pecans, coconut and brown sugar dress up the topping nicely. —Lettice Charmasson, San Diego, California
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the pecans, coconut and brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as German Chocolate Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p212
Reviews for German Chocolate Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review