- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the pecans, coconut and brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for German Chocolate Cupcakes
"I fell in love with these cupcakes from the moment I tasted them! Coconut on top is a perfect garnish for good contrast!"
"I agree - I doubled the topping ingredients and baked at 375 instead of 400. They turned out perfectly!"
"This is a wonderful cupcake. My family does not like frostings, so this is perfect for them! The crunchy topping is delicious. I did double the topping ingredients and was so glad I did! This will be a new favorite!"
"would double topping, lower temp, my first batch got a little burnt, but second batch were a big hit!!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. The only change I made was to increase the pecans, coconut, and brown sugar to 1/4 cup, so there would be plenty of topping for each cupcake. Delicious!"