German Chocolate Cream Pie
"This lovely light-textured pie is simple to whip up ahead of time yet looks and tastes like you fussed," assures Genise Krause of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. A convenient prepared pie crust holds the smooth chocolate filling.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + freezing
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, fresh mint and chocolate dessert decorations, optional
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook the chocolate and milk until
- chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. In a bowl, beat cream cheese
- and sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped
- topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm. May be frozen for up
- to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- whipped topping, mint and chocolate dessert decorations if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 305 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a