German Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, fresh mint and chocolate dessert decorations, optional
- 1. In a saucepan over low heat, cook the chocolate and milk until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and chocolate dessert decorations if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 305 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for German Chocolate Cream Pie
"Oh, my goodness, what a delicious pie. You just can't beat that German chocolate flavor. It is one of the easiest pies to prepare and an added plus is that it can stay in the freezer for up to 3 months. Not that it will at this house but that is good to know if preparing it in advance for a party. Definitely worth five stars. I highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home."
"Delicious. Im using this for multicultural night at my school."
"interesting to make.."
"When I made it, I dressed it up a little by spreading an 8 oz tub of whipped topping on top; then sprinkling 1/2 cup toasted coconut and 1/2 cup toasted pecans over the whipped topping. It recieved rave reviews from everone who tasted it, including my husband."