"This lovely light-textured pie is simple to whip up ahead of time yet looks and tastes like you fussed," assures Genise Krause of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. A convenient prepared pie crust holds the smooth chocolate filling.
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, fresh mint and chocolate dessert decorations, optional
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook the chocolate and milk until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and chocolate dessert decorations if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as German Chocolate Cream Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p62
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for German Chocolate Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review