German Chocolate Cookies
A handy boxed cake mix hurries along the preparation of these chewy cookies studded with chips and raisins. "I make them for our family reunion each year, and they always get rave reviews," says Leslie Henke of Louisville, Colorado.
21 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, oats and eggs until
- well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes; before removing to wire racks to cool
- completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 205 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.