- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, oats and eggs until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool for 5 minutes; before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for German Chocolate Cookies
"Wonderful easy and delicious recipe! I substituted pecans for the raisins and they were a real hit at my office. I will definitely be making these again."
"These are yummy and simple. I use walnuts instead of raisins. Thank you for this recipe."
"I make these as written with no changes. Great chocolate flavor and so hard to eat just one!"
"This is a great 'any season' cookie recipe! Try a 'limited edition' cake mix- For instance 'Carmel Apple' cake mix with butterscotch chips. 'Key Lime Pie' or ''Red Velvet' with white chocolate chips. 'Carrot' with raisins and nuts. One of the best is 'Strawberry' with coconut and white chocolate chips-- Beautiful!!"