A handy boxed cake mix hurries along the preparation of these chewy cookies studded with chips and raisins. "I make them for our family reunion each year, and they always get rave reviews," says Leslie Henke of Louisville, Colorado.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, oats and eggs until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool for 5 minutes; before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as German Chocolate Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p44
Reviews for German Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review