German Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cake mix and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup. Stir egg into remaining oat mixture (mixture will be crumbly).
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth; spread over crust. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, oats, butter and reserved oat mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 148 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for German Chocolate Caramel Bars
"These bars are yummy! The only thing different I did was after I spread the filling on the crust, I sprinkled on some chocolate chips before adding the topping."
"I made these bars will become a family favorite. Easy and not overly sweet."