- 1-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, brown sugar and cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in extracts. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with 1 in. water. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cool. Spread topping over cheese cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for German Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
Sort By :
This takes a bit of time to make but it is well worth it. Totally decadent and rich in flavor. It comes out perfectly. I will make this many, many times to my family and friends delight.
I was so impressed with this recipe! It came out PERFECT!!!! Would make again! and again and again and again! Ha ha! It's my new favorite cheesecake now :D