- 1-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, brown sugar and cocoa. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in extracts. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan. Fill larger pan with 1 in. water. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine topping ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cool. Spread topping over cheese cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for German Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
Sort By :
"This takes a bit of time to make but it is well worth it. Totally decadent and rich in flavor. It comes out perfectly. I will make this many, many times to my family and friends delight."
"I was so impressed with this recipe! It came out PERFECT!!!! Would make again! and again and again and again! Ha ha! It's my new favorite cheesecake now :D"