- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place cake mix in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Press 2-1/2 cups into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over the chips.
- Stir milk into the remaining crumb mixture; drop by teaspoonfuls over top. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until bubbly around the edges and top is cracked. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours before cutting. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for German Chocolate Bars
"very good, easy to make"
"ching chang chong chocolate is good"
"Made with no changes, although I did grease the pan. Got great reviews at the potluck. A new favorite!"
"My bars were hard to cut and lift. It just all fell apart in one big mess. They turned out nothing like the picture. It all got scraped into the garbage."