German Cheesecake Recipe
Here's and old-fashioned recipe that includes cottage cheese.
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1. Sprinkle the crumbs over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. In a blender or food processor, puree cottage cheese; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- 3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, vanilla, flour, sour cream and pureed cottage cheese.
- 4. Pour into pan. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Slice with a wet knife. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 222 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for German Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC