- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. In a blender or food processor, puree cottage cheese; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, vanilla, flour, sour cream and pureed cottage cheese.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Slice with a wet knife. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for German Cheesecake
Sort By :
Slightly disappointed, not a whole lot of flavor.
I haven't tried this yet but wondered how you got the crumbs to stay on the sides of the pan?? I've always had to add melted butter -- thanks
I have been making this cheesecake since September 2009 and my family has requested that I make it every month.
The recipe is fool proof and quite simple to make. The best part it is delicious.
make and the taste is delicious