The grilled bratwurst and onion add a smoky flavor to corn, potatoes and fish for a hearty meal that's always a hit with my family. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 package (19 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 quarts water
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat, turning frequently, until meat is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes. Grill onion, covered, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Cut bratwurst into 2-in. pieces.
- In a stockpot, combine water, beer and seafood seasoning; add corn, potatoes, lemon, bratwurst and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir in cod; cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as German Brat Seafood Boil in Taste of Home April/May 2017
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for German Brat Seafood Boil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review