German Baked Beans Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly.
3/4 cup: 185 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for German Baked Beans
"This is very good but I do not use as much applessuce as the recipe calls for. I also use jarred sauerkraut instead of canned."