Canned baked beans never tasted so good! Mary Nieburger of Laughlin, Nevada dresses them up in style with sauerkraut, apple sauce and brown sugar. "These beans are always requested for the monthly dinners at our senior center," she says.
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly.
Originally published as German Baked Beans in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p33
Reviews for German Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2016
"This is very good but I do not use as much applessuce as the recipe calls for. I also use jarred sauerkraut instead of canned."